i will not look back, even if the sky falls down behind me. and so, don't ask me about today's paper. i'm done, and it's over...
anyway inspiration for myself:
The Edge even goes as far as to practice a single riff for HOURS - alone - to PERFECT ONE SOUND.
What would you do if you fell off the stage?
- Answer: I don't know, probably climb back out and carry on. I did have a slight shock when Bono fell of the stage on the opening night, but he didn't fall very far fortunately. I have fallen off stage on a couple of occasions. The first thing is to protect the guitar, because you can fix an ankle, you can fix a bruise, but when you break a guitar that's the end of it.
I'm not a fan of the million-miles-per-second guitar player. That's more a form of athletics than anything else. It's not really about music ... Peter Buck from R.E.M. is also good. Good in that nothing he ever does really bowls you over - until you've heard it about twenty times. I think that's a sign of music that really has longevity, when it grows on you like that. I like R.E.M. Maybe it needs a few more records to be brilliant, but it's great now.
The one my mother bought me I learnt how to tune. The one I had before that was like this little Spanish guitar. It looked good. That was part of it. I mean, I liked guitars at that stage. I stopped looking at them for a while. But I've started to notice how amazing they look again. That's one of the things that attracted me to rock & roll. Initially, there's that feeling of potential, of power, when you strap on an electric guitar. And then you learn that what it's really about is controlling that power. I mean, the guitar has been a big part of Rock 'n' Roll. I just can't imagine Elvis holding a violin!
anyway inspiration for myself:
The Edge even goes as far as to practice a single riff for HOURS - alone - to PERFECT ONE SOUND.
What would you do if you fell off the stage?
- Answer: I don't know, probably climb back out and carry on. I did have a slight shock when Bono fell of the stage on the opening night, but he didn't fall very far fortunately. I have fallen off stage on a couple of occasions. The first thing is to protect the guitar, because you can fix an ankle, you can fix a bruise, but when you break a guitar that's the end of it.
I'm not a fan of the million-miles-per-second guitar player. That's more a form of athletics than anything else. It's not really about music ... Peter Buck from R.E.M. is also good. Good in that nothing he ever does really bowls you over - until you've heard it about twenty times. I think that's a sign of music that really has longevity, when it grows on you like that. I like R.E.M. Maybe it needs a few more records to be brilliant, but it's great now.
The one my mother bought me I learnt how to tune. The one I had before that was like this little Spanish guitar. It looked good. That was part of it. I mean, I liked guitars at that stage. I stopped looking at them for a while. But I've started to notice how amazing they look again. That's one of the things that attracted me to rock & roll. Initially, there's that feeling of potential, of power, when you strap on an electric guitar. And then you learn that what it's really about is controlling that power. I mean, the guitar has been a big part of Rock 'n' Roll. I just can't imagine Elvis holding a violin!
Beneath the noise, below the din,
I hear your voice, it's whispering,
in science and in medicine,
I was a stranger, you took me in...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home